|Current Implementation Status
United Kingdom has formally transitioned from the UK National Standardised terminology and definitions for texture modified foods and thickened liquids to IDDSI. IDDSI has been implemented in United Kingdom since April 2019. Many thanks to the UK IDDSI Steering Committee for guiding a successful IDDSI implementation, co-chaired by Joanna Instone of the BDA and Liz Boaden of the RCSLT. IDDSI is supported by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, British Dietetics Association, National Association of Care Catering.
Disclaimer: Some content created by 3rd parties has not been thoroughly reviewed by the IDDSI board.
Handouts for Adult Learning Disabilities groups - created by (Levels 3-6) Anne Elliott, Professional Lead, Speech & Language Therapy, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust, and Level 7 Easy to Chew: Annabelle Colquhoun, Speech & Language Therapist, NHS Lothian:
The following items have been kindly made available by ISS Healthcare, who retain the copyright:
The following pages include checklists and implementation toolkits, case studies and FAQs for different UK settings:
UK IDDSI Festival
21st September 2023, Derby.
12th September 2022, Sheffield.
Article in Complete Nutrition magazine describing the festival highlights, with thanks to Complete Nutrition editors and publishers:
CN article IDDSI’s UK Festival
Presenters slides, where permissions exist.
- Dr. Julie Cichero - Updates and Impact of IDDSI
- Matthew Done and Preston Walker - Drinking Outside the Box
- Dr. Ben Hanson and Peter Lam - IDDSI Funnel
- Sophie Murray and Andy Cullum - IDDSI Lessons Learnt
- Maya Asir and Lesley Baker - IDDSI in Paediatrics
- Andy Cullum and Sophie Murray - What is the IDDSI App?
- Rachael Masters - Nutrition and Dignity: Snacking with Love with IDDSI
- Janne Schack - IDDSI Mini Audit Tool
- Fiona Gardiner and Caroline Ogier - Implementing IDDSI with a Difference?