|Introduction & Resource Files
||The official launch of IDDSI in the United States of America began May 2019. The United States IDDSI Reference Group (USIRG) would like to help guide your facility or organization through IDDSI implementation. This webpage is a living document. The USIRG continues to update resources to serve your needs as an active participant in IDDSI implementation. Thank you to those respondents of our 2021 Survey; we had well over 1,000 participants.
Are you ready to advance through the IDDSI stages of implementation: Aware, Prepare, and Adopt?
The USIRG is here to help you walk through the following stages:
- Advocacy Tool Kit: Getting buy-in at your facility for IDDSI
- Getting Started: The Implementation Process
- Preparing for Regulatory Surveys
- Tutorials and Trainings: Powerpoints & videos
- Frequently Asked Questions
- News You Can Use Now: Newsletters & social media links
- Contact Us: Reach out to the leaders of USTIRG
|1. Advocacy Toolkit: Getting IDDSI Buy-in
||The Advocacy Toolkit provides resources to achieve “buy-in” of IDDSI from administrators and other healthcare workers. IDDSI’s mission is to improve safety across the lifespan and the continuum of care; therefore, please see references and resources on safety and choking.
|2. Getting Started: The Implementation Process
||Getting Started provides resources for assistance with beginning IDDSI implementation.
|3. Preparing for Regulatory Survey
|4. Tutorials & Trainings
||All powerpoints and videos are free to be used and customized by individuals and facilities for training purposes.
Training Webinars (Staff and Caregivers can watch these videos of Powerpoints)
- IDDSI 101 for Administrative Leadership
- IDDSI 101 for Food Service Workers and Caregivers
- IDDSI 101 for Healthcare Professionals
- IDDSI 201 for Healthcare Professionals
- IDDSI 201 for Food Service Workers
|5. Frequently Asked Questions
||Questions have come from healthcare providers around the United States, and some of the points within these answers are specific to the United States and related to the foods and drinks that are typically prepared and served in healthcare institutions.
The United States is made up of people from around the world; therefore, the IDDSI testing methods are recommended to confirm the flow or textural characteristics of any food or liquid product from around the world. Testing is done at the time of preparation and at the time of serving under the specific serving conditions (e.g., at the appropriate temperature).
Check back here often for new FAQs from the USIRG.
- Exceptions: Bread and Mixed Consistencies (pdf, 2022)
- Sauces, Gravies, and Condiments (pdf, 2022)
|6. News You Can Use Now
- US E-Bite Update
- April 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- May 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- June 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- July 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- August 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- September 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- October 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- November 2021 Update (pdf, 2021)
- January 2022 Update (pdf, 2022)
- March 2022 Update (pdf, 2022)
- April 2022 Update (pdf, 2022)
- May 2022 Update (pdf, 2022)
- June 2022 Update (pdf, 2022)
- August 2022 Update (pdf, 2022)
- Follow IDDSI on Social Media: LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Download the IDDSI app by searching "IDDSI" on your App Store
- Follow the IDDSI YouTube Channel
|7. Contact Us
||The United States IDDSI Reference Group (USIRG) was formed in November 2020. Over 245 applications were received and many volunteers have committed to help guide, foster, advocate, facilitate and support implementation of IDDSI in the United States of America. The USIRG work teams are:
|Communications & Advocacy
|Education & Training
|Resources & Best Practice
|Email for Resource Development
Email for Best Practice Questions
|Research & Data Collection
Interested in volunteering and being on a USIRG work group?
||Page last updated: September 27, 2021