- Discover the components of the IDDSI Framework, and how to get ready to implement the Framework.
- Have you seen our videos for Food Testing & Drink Testing?
- We are thrilled to be recognized by ASHA, the American Speech and Hearing Association, for Outstanding Contributions in International Achievement. Thank you!
- We welcome new sponsors to our initiative. See all of our sponsors here.
- Thank you to the Canadian Dysphagia Industry Group, who has agreed to fully transition to the IDDSI framework and descriptors by January 1, 2019.
- Interprofessional collaboration task forces have been established in the UK and between China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao.
- Read the latest E-Bite found here.
Update on syringes for IDDSI Flow Test
It has come to our attention that some manufacturers are producing syringes which are labelled as 10ml but which have different dimensions to the IDDSI standard 10ml syringe. Consequently, they will result in different test results. For this reason we have added detail to the IDDSI flow test specifications to clarify the appropriate dimensions.
For example, the syringe shown to the left is sold as a 10ml syringe, but actually has a 12ml capacity. It has a wider barrel than the IDDSI standard syringe and is not compatible with the IDDSI flow test instructions.
Recent & Upcoming IDDSI Presentations
|June 2016||Dietitians of Canada Conference||Winnipeg, Canada|
|July 3-6, 2016||4th International Conference on Food Oral Processing||Lausanne, Switzerland|
|September 2016||International Association of Logepedics and Phoniatrics||Dublin, Ireland|
|September 2016||American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine||Hollywood, FL, USA|
|September 2016||Extendicare Canada Conference||Markham, ON, Canada|
|October 2016||XXIV Pacific Voice Conference EU||Warsaw, Poland|
|October 2016||FNCE 2016 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo||Boston, MA, USA|