Click below to see news about IDDSI, important updates you may need to know about the IDDSI Framework, and recent and upcoming presentations around the world.
- Translation for Norwegian (Bokmål) has been released and is ready for review here.
- The May E-Bite has been released. Read it here.
- Speech-Language & Audiology Canada's Board of Directors has voted to support the Framework, implementation and rollout in Canada
- Download IDDSI labels here.
- Translations for French and French (Canada) has been released and is ready for review here.
- Our research paper on the IDDSI Framework has been published. Read here.
- The IDDSI Framework has been updated.
- We are thrilled to be recognized by ASHA, the American Speech and Hearing Association, for Outstanding Contributions in International Achievement. Thank you!
- New Zealand Speech-language Therapists’ Association formally endorses IDDSI standards and implementation processes are underway.
- Thank you to the Canadian Dysphagia Industry Group, who has agreed to fully transition to the IDDSI framework and descriptors by January 1, 2019.
- Interprofessional collaboration task forces have been established in the UK and between China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao.
The framework documents have recently been re-organised and updated. In addition to adding new information, the re-organisation makes it easier to find framework information to use and share, as the documents are shorter and divided into 4 specific topic areas (The Complete IDDI Framework; IDDSI Testing Methods; IDDSI Evidence and IDDSI FAQs). Check out the new IDDSI documents, and how to get ready to implement the Framework.
Update on syringes for IDDSI Flow Test
It has come to our attention that some manufacturers are producing syringes which are labelled as 10ml but which have different dimensions to the IDDSI standard 10ml syringe. Consequently, they will result in different test results. For this reason we have added detail to the IDDSI flow test specifications to clarify the appropriate dimensions.
For example, the syringe shown to the left is sold as a 10ml syringe, but actually has a 12ml capacity. It has a wider barrel than the IDDSI standard syringe and is not compatible with the IDDSI flow test instructions.
|April 25, 2017||Hormel Health Labs Webinar||North America|
|April 27, 2017||Webinar for Association of Nutrition Foodservice Professionals ANFP|
|May 3, 2017||Sysco Regional Healthcare Show||Vaughan, ON, Canada|
|May 4, 2017||Complete Purchasing Services Professional Development Event||Ottawa, ON, Canada|
|May 15, 2017||Sysco Healthcare Conference||Toronto, ON, Canada|
|May 18 - 20, 2017||Dietitians Association of Australia National Conference||Tasmania, Australia|
|May 28 - 31, 2017||Speech Pathology Australia National Conference||Sydney, Australia|