- The IDDSI Framework has been updated.
- Have you seen our videos for Food Testing & Drink Testing?
- We are thrilled to be recognized by ASHA, the American Speech and Hearing Association, for Outstanding Contributions in International Achievement. Thank you!
- New Zealand Speech-language Therapists’ Association formally endorses IDDSI standards and implementation processes are underway.
- We welcome new sponsors to our initiative. See all of our sponsors here.
- Thank you to the Canadian Dysphagia Industry Group, who has agreed to fully transition to the IDDSI framework and descriptors by January 1, 2019.
- Interprofessional collaboration task forces have been established in the UK and between China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao.
- Read the latest E-Bite found here.
The IDDSI Framework has been updated.
The framework documents have recently been re-organised and updated. In addition to adding new information, the re-organisation makes it easier to find framework information to use and share, as the documents are shorter and divided into 4 specific topic areas (The Complete IDDI Framework; IDDSI Testing Methods; IDDSI Evidence and IDDSI FAQs). Check out the new IDDSI documents, and how to get ready to implement the Framework.
Update on syringes for IDDSI Flow Test
It has come to our attention that some manufacturers are producing syringes which are labelled as 10ml but which have different dimensions to the IDDSI standard 10ml syringe. Consequently, they will result in different test results. For this reason we have added detail to the IDDSI flow test specifications to clarify the appropriate dimensions.
For example, the syringe shown to the left is sold as a 10ml syringe, but actually has a 12ml capacity. It has a wider barrel than the IDDSI standard syringe and is not compatible with the IDDSI flow test instructions.
Recent & Upcoming IDDSI Presentations
|October 2016||XXIV Pacific Voice Conference EU||Warsaw, Poland|
|October 2016||FNCE 2016 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo||Boston, MA, USA|
|October 18, 2016||Sysco Regional Healthcare Conference||Halifax, NS, Canada|
|November 2, 2016||Sysco Regional Healthcare Conference||Surrey, BC, Canada|
|November 9, 2016||Canadian Society of Nutrition Management Webinar||Online|
|November 11, 2016||Food Service Special Interest Group||Melbourne, Australia|
|November 15, 2016||American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Webinar||Online|