Click below to see news about IDDSI, important updates you may need to know about the IDDSI Framework, and recent and upcoming presentations around the world.
- Webinar recording: From Framework to Food - Implementing IDDSI in a Long-Term Care Facility is now available. Access here.
- Webinar recording: Canadian IDDSI Implementation is now available. Access here.
- Implementation Guides are now available on our Resources page.
- Our first webinar recording: Through Thick or Thin is now available on YouTube.
- Read our open access article, "The International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) framework: the Kempen pilot"
- Read up on Mapping Bracco’s Varibar® barium products to the IDDSI Framework here, written by IDDSI Board Member Dr. Catriona Steele.
- Translations for Portuguese & Norwegian (Bokmål) has been released and is ready for review here.
- Speech-Language & Audiology Canada's Board of Directors has voted to support the Framework, implementation and rollout in Canada
- Download IDDSI labels here.
- Translations for French and French (Canada) has been released and is ready for review here.
- Our research paper on the IDDSI Framework has been published. Read here.
- The IDDSI Framework has been updated.
- We are thrilled to be recognized by ASHA, the American Speech and Hearing Association, for Outstanding Contributions in International Achievement. Thank you!
- New Zealand Speech-language Therapists’ Association formally endorses IDDSI standards and implementation processes are underway.
- Thank you to the Canadian Dysphagia Industry Group, who has agreed to fully transition to the IDDSI framework and descriptors by January 1, 2019.
- Interprofessional collaboration task forces have been established in the UK and between China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao.
The framework documents have recently been re-organised and updated. In addition to adding new information, the re-organisation makes it easier to find framework information to use and share, as the documents are shorter and divided into 4 specific topic areas (The Complete IDDI Framework; IDDSI Testing Methods; IDDSI Evidence and IDDSI FAQs). Check out the new IDDSI documents, and how to get ready to implement the Framework.
Update on syringes for IDDSI Flow Test
It has come to our attention that some manufacturers are producing syringes which are labelled as 10ml but which have different dimensions to the IDDSI standard 10ml syringe. Consequently, they will result in different test results. For this reason we have added detail to the IDDSI flow test specifications to clarify the appropriate dimensions.
For example, the syringe shown to the left is sold as a 10ml syringe, but actually has a 12ml capacity. It has a wider barrel than the IDDSI standard syringe and is not compatible with the IDDSI flow test instructions.
|January 2018||Dysphagia event||Dublin, Ireland|
|January 2018||UK Dysphagia Symposium, RCSLT, NHS, Academy of Medical Royal Colleges||London, UK|
|February 2018||UK Swallowing Research Group (UKSRG)||London, UK|
|April 2018||Brazilian Dysphagia Conference||Brazil|
|April 2018||Ontario AdvantAge Conference||Toronto, Canada||April 11, 2018||Nutrition for Positive Ageing||Auckland, NZ|
|May 2018||Dietitians Association of Australia National Conference||Sydney, Australia|
|May 2018||Speech Pathology Australia National Conference||Adelaide, Australia|
|May 2018||Nourishing Knowledge - Optimizing Nutrition in Continuing Care||Red Deer, AB, Canada|
|June 2018||Canadian Society of Nutrition Management Conference||Moncton, NB, Canada|
|July 3-5, 2018||New Zealand Institute of Food Science & Technology Annual Conference||Hamilton, NZ|
|Aug 31- Sept 1, 2018||Dietitians New Zealand Conference||Auckland, NZ||September 13-14, 2018||New Zealand Speech-language Therapists' Association Conference||Dunedin, NZ|